Carol Somper - Sustainability Director
- BREEAM Communities Assessor
- ISO 14001: 2015 trained Lead Auditor
- Corporate responsibility/sustainability process and procedures
- Corporate policy and environmental review & bid support
- Environmental gap analysis and EMS set-up
- Carbon foot-printing, reduction strategy and management plans
- Carbon verification/assurance
- Sustainability appraisal for products and processes
- Sustainable supply chain management and procurement
- Climate resilience planning and area or site-wide management plans.
- Experienced Facilitator/trainer
In a career spanning more than 30 years Carol has gained unique consultancy experience promoting sustainability and applying it to business and planning. Carol has worked for the UK Government on natural resource management and stakeholder engagement; for leading environmental consultancies including ADAS, WYG, and Temple Group on commercial projects; and for Jonathon Porritt’s innovative UK sustainable development charity, Forum for the Future, e.g. implementing The Five Capitals Model. In the private sector, Carol has worked for a wide range of blue chip organisations including Northern Aerospace, Vodafone, Allied Glass, Colas Rail, British Airways, Network Rail and British Telecom.
As a sustainability consultant Carol has developed particular expertise in Sustainable Planning and Corporate Sustainability and an in-depth technical understanding of resource efficiency in construction and property management. Carol is an experienced licenced BREEAM Communities Assessor, an Academician in the Academy of Urbanism and a member of CIWEM Natural Capital Network (NCN) Panel. Carol works to promote sustainable places, businesses and communities.