Carol Somper: Director - Sustainability
- Corporate responsibility/sustainability strategy, policies, processes and procedures
- Sustainability appraisal for products and processes
- Sustainable procurement, supply chain engagement and management
- Environmental gap analysis and EMS set-up
- Carbon foot-printing, reduction strategy and management plans
- Carbon verification/assurance
- Carbon offsetting scheme advice and development support
- Climate resilience planning and area or site-wide management plans.
- ISO 14001: 2015 trained Lead Auditor
- BREEAM Communities Assessor
- Building with Nature Assessor
- Experienced facilitator/trainer (including stakeholder and community engagement)
- Registered EnCO Consultant
In a career spanning more than 30 years Carol has gained unique consultancy experience promoting sustainability and applying it to business and planning. Carol has worked for the UK Government on natural resource management and stakeholder engagement; for leading environmental consultancies including ADAS, WYG, and Temple Group on commercial projects; and for Jonathon Porritt’s innovative UK sustainable development charity, Forum for the Future, e.g. implementing The Five Capitals Model. In the private sector, Carol has worked for a wide range of blue chip organisations including Northern Aerospace, Vodafone, Allied Glass, Colas Rail, British Airways, Network Rail and British Telecom.
As a sustainability consultant Carol has developed particular expertise in Sustainable Planning and Corporate Sustainability and an in-depth technical understanding of resource efficiency in construction and property management. Carol is an experienced licenced BREEAM Communities Assessor, an Academician in the Academy of Urbanism and a member of CIWEM Natural Capital Network (NCN) Panel. Carol works to promote sustainable places, businesses and communities.