Chris Smith: Principal Consultant - Facilities and Asset Management
HND, DMS, Member of the British Institution of Facilities Management (BFIM)
- Program, operational, and change management expertise
- Management of large outsourcing programs within the FM and property functions
- Establishing and implementing FM strategy
- Experienced negotiator of cross border service contracts
- Implementing/co-ordinating deployment of services within a complex organisation
- Committed to optimising efficiency and value in the FM market place.
Chris has spent the majority of his 37 year career at Rolls-Royce as a key influencer in creating the vision, developing the strategy and program managing the implementation of the facility management solutions for the company.
Chris was responsible for both infrastructure and production maintenance at the 250,000m2 defence facility at Rolls-Royce in Bristol. Having established a strategy of outsourcing for FM across all UK sites, Chris was appointed to manage the primary outsourcing of hard services and manage the selected FM suppliers.
Following this, Chris was responsible for the implementation of a single sourced integrated FM contract (hard and soft service) initially in the UK and then expanding into EMEA and then globally.
Chris is recognised as an expert on FM strategy, solutions and the management of associated strategic programs. He has also been instrumental in establishing behavioural change programs within the supply chain which ensures the suppliers promote the correct customer focused culture and values whilst developing staff with exceptional interpersonal skills.