Speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies company
Energy audit to comply with the requirements of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme, ESOS.
How JRP added value
JRP’s audit Identified: total potential savings of £1.9m. If all opportunities at all sites were implemented (excluding the complete replacement of the CHP plant) a saving of nearly 14,500 MWh could be expected, equating to just under £1.2m. The cost of implementing these projects was predicted to be £1.5m, with an average payback of 1.4 years.
JRP are continuing to work with this client to implement a number of key improvement opportunities and to help in the delivery of their 2025 Sustainable Business Plan.
This speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies company appointed JRP Solutions to carry out an ESOS audit of their UK estate of 23 sites. Of these, 6 accounted for over 90% of energy consumption across the whole of the organisation and were audited. All other sites and transport were excluded as de minimis..
Key Opportunities Identified
The greatest energy savings opportunities were found at a combined heat and power (CHP) plant.
Other key opportunities identified were:
- Insulation of all bare measures of pipe work
- Hot water heat recovery
- Installation of decentralised CHP
- Installation of a decentralised CHP plant
- Replace electric heaters with steam and LTHW for coating dryers
- Repair compressed air leaks
- Pump optimisation
- Furnace optimisation
- Replace steam heating systems with gas heating systems
- Heat recovery from factory processes for space heating
- Improved utility metering
- Install VSD drives to LEV fans
- Upgrade lighting
- Compressor replacement upgrades
Download this Case Study as a pdf