What are you doing for World Environment Day?
We’re Taking Action!
Posted on 05 June 2017.
World Environment Day aims to inspire more people than ever before to take action to prevent the growing strain on planet Earth’s natural systems from reaching the breaking point.
To mark world environment day 2017, JRP’s staff have committed to the following 5 point Environment Action Plan to:
1. Only buy products with recyclable or no packaging and recycle it! Almost two-thirds of all plastic packaging is sent to landfill.
2. Only buy locally produced fruit and vegetables. 95% of our fruit and 50% of our vegetables come from abroad!
3. Calculate their household food waste and reduce it by 50%. Cutting domestic food waste by 50% would save nearly 10 million tonnes of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions each year.
4. To boil only enough water for a single cup of tea each time rather than filling the kettle. If we all did this, we could save enough energy to shut down 1.5 average UK power stations.
5. To calculate their average monthly car mileage and reduce it by 25%. CO2 emissions from cars make up 13% of the UK total.
We will be regularly reviewing our progress against our plan, sharing our ideas and rewarding achievements! We’ll report on our progress over the next 12 months.
What are you doing to take action?