Towards Net Zero
Has your organisation started to work towards being part of the net zero economy?
The Government has set a target of achieving Net Zero greenhouse gases (GHG) by 2050 so there is no time to waste. Scientists tell us we need to act urgently and there is much that you could be doing immediately to identify the risks and opportunities in your organisation and to develop a strategy to achieve Net Zero by 2050 if not earlier.
Few organisations have the knowledge and resources available in-house to achieve this by themselves. JRP can help.
Wherever you are on your journey towards Net Zero, we can use our extensive specialist expertise in energy and carbon efficiency, sustainability strategies, data analysis and cutting-edge technologies, to work with you to develop a phased approach to help you achieve your Net Zero goals. We will analyse where you are currently on the journey to Net Zero and then develop and deliver a tailored, comprehensive plan that optimises energy and resource use and that progressively reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
A holistic, strategic, long-view approach that covers every aspect of your organisation’s Scopes 1,2 & 3 GHG emissions and that will deliver the maximum benefit, placing your business in the best position to achieve Net Zero. We can:
- Engage senior directors to ensure top-level buy-in.
- Help establish goals and priorities
- Carry out a gap analysis
- Develop a best practice Net Zero policy.
- Create a Net Zero roles and responsibilities structure.
- Create and deliver a Net Zero communications programme.
- Develop a Net Zero Action Plan which may include Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Identify training needs, including ‘training the trainer’ (to maximise in-house embedding of knowledge where possible).
- Deliver a tailored training and behaviour change programme.
- Support recruitment of personnel with specific knowledge and experience.
- Review and modify management systems and procedures around energy and resource efficiency for cost-effective management.
- Audit energy and resource use (covering procurement and supply chain, materials and waste management) to identify opportunities to minimise GHG emissions.
- Provide options appraisals, outsourcing support and financing options to deliver most efficient plant and equipment upgrades/installations.
- Manage project implementation.
- Mentor staff with Net Zero roles to deliver the projects.
- Use big data effectively to support measurable continuous improvement against standards including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Provide continuous review and fine tuning of the programme.
We will also consider the use of longer-term, evolving sustainable solutions and technologies;
- Renewable energy
- Decentralised energy generation
- Energy storage
- New material and product solutions
- Electrification of heat and transport
- Long term feasibility of green gas
- Hydrogen technology
- District heating and cooling schemes
- Data, The Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligent (AI) technologies